Under 10 Falcons vs Kenilworth Town Jrs - Match Report (25/01/2018)

Sunday January 21 2018

Under 10's Falcons

The match started with a congested battle in the middle of the park, both teams putting in some great tackles. It was evenly matched, with neither defences giving much away.  The game gradually started to open up though, with Kenilworth piling on the pressure. The brief spell of Kenilworth dominance saw a brilliant double save from Dylan and a crucial block from Harvey.  Wellesbourne defended well, with Charlie producing some great defensive work, as well as some dangerous, weaving runs at the opposition back line.  The Falcons survived a few goal mouth scrambles, with Tyler putting in a crucial block to prevent Kenilworth going one up.  Ollie ran on to a through ball and posed a threat to the opposition. However, after a well battled first half, Kenilworth took the lead just before half time, with a finessed shot from the right flank.

HALF TIME: Kenilworth 1-0 Wellsebourne.

After the break the Falcons looked for an immediate response. Jack strung passes together in the centre of midfield, creating space for Ned and Charlie to run into.  Wellesbourne started to mount the pressure, as Charlie picked up the ball on the edge of the box and struck an excellent shot, which was parried by the keeper. The Falcons really started to look like equalising, with several close chances just kept out by the brave Kenilworth goalkeeper. Rory found some good positions and was unlucky not to score.  However, Kenilworth countered through a long ball forward to their striker and he slotted it home to make it 2-0.

Wellesbourne did not let the scoreline affect their play though. Dylan and Ned put together an intricate one-two, finished off by a clever back heel from Dylan, to allow Ned to run freely down the left wing. Ned danced past three players and put the ball in the box and the Falcons were unlucky not to score. A little later, man of the match, Charlie Fever, put in a near post corner, which was helped on by the opposition to Jack at the back post, who executed the volley to score. With Wellesboune only one behind, they pushed and pushed for an equaliser and on several occasions they were agonisingly close. The defence, organised by Bobby in the centre, resisted any counter-attacks. Unfortunately, despite a huge team effort, the Falcons could not find the equaliser. Nevertheless, it was a fantastic match, enjoyed by supporters on both side!

FULL TIME: Kenilworth 2-1 Wellesbourne

Club Sponsors